Looking to start a Corporate Library. What are you favorite books on Data Management, Data Architect

Scott Benson

Looking to start a Corporate Library. What are you favorite books on Data Management, Data Architect

william burkett

RE: Looking to start a Corporate Library. What are you favorite books on Data Management, Data Architect
(in response to Scott Benson)

Boy - that's an open-ended question (which interestingly no one seems to have responded to yet - what's up with that?)

Your library should definitely start with DAMA's DM-BOK.  I think Danette McGilvray's "Executing Data Quality Projects" is not only a great data quality book, but one of the best books on data.  Bill Kent: Data and Reality.  ISO 704 and ISO 1087 are international standards on "Terminology" that I think are critical to data modelling specifically and enterprise data management more broadly.  CMMI's Data Management Maturity Model (DMMM).  David Hay's Data Model Patterns.  These recommendations are just from memory .... if I looked at my library I'm likely to find more.