Data Governance in an international organisation

Marc Maenner

Dear community members,

we are facing the challenge of setting up an international data goverance. The basic idea is to set this up along our companies business objects. Still a regional / national data governance will apply due to regulatory or compliance requirements. Is there anybody facing same challenges?

Jason Matthew Hare, CIP®, CDMP®, ITIL®, APM®

(in response to Marc Maenner)
I have a similar situation with a manufacturing client. They want a
centralized DGO but some master data domains will remain regional. Also all
brands will remain regional.

On Mon, Feb 17, 2020, 04:11 Marc Maenner <
[login to unmask email]> wrote:

> Dear community members,
>
> we are facing the challenge of setting up an international data goverance.
> The basic idea is to set this up along our companies business
> objects. Still a regional / national data governance will apply due to
> regulatory or compliance requirements. Is there anybody facing same
> challenges?
>
> -----End Original Message-----
>

Sri Vedula

RE: Data Governance in an international organisation
(in response to Marc Maenner)

I work for a large Consumer Product Group company with global presence. Our Master Data org is about 150 people in the front office and another 150+ people in the back office (outsourced). The "front office" receives the master data requests, validates them and then given to the back office to execute the change in the system. The Governance Team is divided by domain and each domain (Customer, Vendor, Product, Raw Material) team has at least  one person in each region (North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle-East & Africa, Asia Pacific). We have domain specific Data Councils where people from all regions are present. 

Let me know if you are interested to know our systems landscape as well.

In Reply to Marc Maenner:

Dear community members,

we are facing the challenge of setting up an international data goverance. The basic idea is to set this up along our companies business objects. Still a regional / national data governance will apply due to regulatory or compliance requirements. Is there anybody facing same challenges?