Regional Data Stewards

Kristine McNicholas

Regional Data Stewards

Does any one have Regional Data stewards and a list of what their responsibilities would be in your organization?

Jason Matthew Hare, CIP®, CDMP®, ITIL®, APM®

Regional Data Stewards
(in response to Kristine McNicholas)
I second that request.

On Thu, Jan 23, 2020, 13:59 Kristine McNicholas <
[login to unmask email]> wrote:

> Does any one have Regional Data stewards and a list of what their
> responsibilities would be in your organization?
>
> -----End Original Message-----
>

Joe Danielewicz

RE: Regional Data Stewards
(in response to Jason Matthew Hare, CIP®, CDMP®, ITIL®, APM®)

At my previous employer, we organized Data Gov by sub-vertical function area rather than region. For example, the Global Purchasing and Supply Chain vertical consisted of functional areas Purchasing, Logistics, Planning, Supply Ops, and Supplier Quality. Each of those functional areas had a business Data Steward and an IT architect partner. Each of those functional areas were also global not regional. 

There was an overall Governance Steering Committee which met quarterly at the director level, setting the DG program direction. Below that was the Data Governance Council, consisting of all the Data Stewards and IT partners. They met monthly to resolve cross-vertical conflicts and report DQ metrics. And there were Data Steward Working Groups in each sub-vertical functional area that met on their own cadence to review the business terms in the governance catalog and the data lineage to IT assets. 

Edited By:
Joe Danielewicz[All DATAVERSITY Members] @ Feb 05, 2020 - 07:33 PM (America/Arizona)

Sudheer Palyam

RE: Regional Data Stewards
(in response to Kristine McNicholas)

In one of the initiative I led, we had a case where we had "Regional Data Stewards".

Because - this was dealing with customer data, and we empowered regional data stewards to look at nuances of our matching algorithm, address validation/standardization rules etc, making sure that we are complaint with local regulations.