Can the DMM Capability Maturity Model Levels assess Data Management automation levels?

Michelle Knight

Can the DMM Capability Maturity Model Levels assess Data Management automation levels?

I am writing an overview of automated tools in Data Management. I want to show that all automated or augmented data management tools are not created equal.  Upon reading a Sloan magazine article, "Self-Driving companies are coming," I thought about self-driving Data Management.Mainly, the automotive industry has come up with levels of driving automation through the SAE.

This leads to my question. Can the DMM Capability Maturity Model Levels assess Data Management automation levels for different Augmented Data Management tools? Thoughts?

Michelle Knight

[login to unmask email]

Freelance Production Assistant

Freelance Data, Technology and Science Writer

Attachments

• DMM-Capability-Maturity_Model_Levels_DataEd_Slides_62019.jpg (283.1k)
Edited By:
Michelle Knight[All DATAVERSITY Members] @ Dec 27, 2019 - 12:05 PM (America/Pacific)
Michelle Knight[All DATAVERSITY Members] @ Dec 27, 2019 - 12:08 PM (America/Pacific)

William McKnight

RE: Can the DMM Capability Maturity Model Levels assess Data Management automation levels?
(in response to Michelle Knight)

I believe it measures the development of capabilities, no matter how they got there.

Michelle Knight

RE: Can the DMM Capability Maturity Model Levels assess Data Management automation levels?
(in response to William McKnight)

Thanks, William,  That sounds good. So since it is measuring capabilities it can be used to understand  the strengths of automated data management tools and where human ability is needed, and the differences among different automated data management tools. Thanks.

Michelle Knight

[login to unmask email]

Freelance Production Assistant

Freelance Data, Technology and Science Writer