Suggestions for introducing a Data Management Maturity(DMM) assessment

Emmanuel Dcuotho

Looking for recommendations for introducing DMM assessment. We are based out in IOWA, appreciate any good leads to connect with a consulting firm/consultant who is certified.

Thank you!

Michelle Knight

RE: Suggestions for introducing a Data Management Maturity(DMM) assessment
(in response to Emmanuel Dcuotho)

Hi Emmanuel,
You may wish to check out people from the Experts link. For example, William McKnight has done this kind of work and has a video on his page: Raising the Information Management Maturity Curve.

Also, DATAVERSITY(R) has some good articles and free, recorded webinars. For example: see, https://www.dataversity.net/?s=%22maturity%22

Michelle Knight

[login to unmask email]

Freelance Production Assistant

Freelance Data, Technology and Science Writer

Bala Subbaiah Gorla

(in response to Michelle Knight)
I could share share my knowledge. If this is about master data strategy & management.
Please feel free to contact me.

My # 5083536599
Email [login to unmask email]

Thank you

> On Dec 5, 2019, at 11:15 AM, Michelle Knight <[login to unmask email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Emmanuel,
> You may wish to check out people from the Experts link. For example, William McKnigh
>
> -----End Original Message-----
>

Anthony J Algmin

Hi Emmanuel,

I'd echo what Michelle said, and add that many of the experts have freely available resources on our websites if you are looking for different approaches to maturity assessments. I'd argue that certification may not be as important as a methodology that fits your organization.

Best of luck,

Anthony

Anthony J. Algmin
Make an Impact! 

Get the first book on Data Leadership at DataLeadershipBook.com.

Michelle Knight

Hi Emmanuel,

Did you get what you need for introducing a Data Management Maturity(DMM) assessment? The link AnthonyAlgmin and I mentioned in the previous thread is here: Experts Page.

Anthony also has an individual expert page here.

Michelle

Michelle Knight

[login to unmask email]

Freelance Production Assistant

Freelance Data, Technology and Science Writer

William McKnight

(in response to Michelle Knight)

Data has proven to be a competitive differentiator. Top performers realize they need all their data; clean data; well-performing, catalogued, and secure data. They've grown their data science programs to utilize such data.

Company performance is highly correlated to data maturity. Metrics show a positive association between data maturity and financial performance. Company maturity is data maturity today so it's important to know where you stand.

Data maturity modeling is understanding where you stand vis-à-vis the possibilities across multiple dimensions. It is a cold, hard, quantifiable, objective look at data use in a company, department line-of-business, or whatever scope is modeled. Although the ratings are interesting and inform urgency, what's most interesting should be what the next level in each category looks like and making plans to get there.