Data Governance Frameworks

Robert S Seiner

Data Governance Frameworks

Today I held my monthly Dataversity webinar on the subject of Building Effective Data Governance Frameworks. Lets keep the discussion going here if you have questions or comments on the materials presented or frameworks that you are using within your organization.

Robert S. Seiner

KIK Consulting & Educational Services

The Data Administration Newsletter (TDAN.com)

[login to unmask email]  @RSeiner  @TDAN_com

Attachments

• KIK Consulting - Non-Invasive Data Governance Framework - 20190516.pdf (412.8k)

Angel Solero

RE: Data Governance Frameworks
(in response to Robert S Seiner)

Hi Robert!

We are currently considering creating a Data Governance department in our company but it is not clear to us how at the level of positions this should be created.  Is there an organizational reference that we can use as a "standard" to create a department that can handle everything related to Data Governance?

Robert S Seiner

(in response to Angel Solero)

Angel, Thank you for posting the question in Dataversity's Community. I am not certain what you mean by an organizational reference to use as a standard. If you can send me your email address, I will be glad to send you the framework I use to handle "everything related to data governance". It focuses on the data, roles, processes, communications, metrics and tools from the executive, strategic, tactical, operational and support perspectives. Please let me know if this would be helpful to you (or anybody else that reads this).

Robert S. Seiner

Edited By:
Robert S Seiner[All DATAVERSITY Members] @ Oct 04, 2019 - 01:03 PM (America/Eastern)

Angel Solero

Sure!

Thanks for your quick answer!!!!

Here's my email --> [login to unmask email]

Jason Matthew Hare, CIP®, CDMP®, ITIL®, APM®

Hi Robert- been a big fan for awhile- I am interested in what you emailed to Angela too- I have a new client that is a bit complex- 

Jason M. Hare
Open Data Principal
JMH Associates INC.
+1 9193232767
@jasonmhare

Jason Matthew Hare, CIP®, CDMP®, ITIL®, APM®

Oh and my email! Oops- [login to unmask email]

Jason M. Hare
Open Data Principal
JMH Associates INC.
+1 9193232767
@jasonmhare

william burkett

I'm interested in seeing it too, Robert -- can you post a link, or would you rather respond to individual requests?

Robert S Seiner

Thank you, everybody who responded, for your interest in the Non-Invasive Data Governance Framework document that describes "everything having to do with data governance". Of course, it is not everything, but as close as I could make it. The link to the white paper can be found here.

Other NIDG Framework resources include the Dataversity Real-World Data Governance webinar from back in May which you can find here and a TDAN.com series of article on the framework here - structure, levels and components, and details.

Please reach out to me directly if you are interested in speaking with me about how we can implement Non-Invasive Data Governance at your organization.

Thanks,

Bob

Michelle Knight

Washington State Boards for Community and Technical Colleges (SBCTC) is implementing Non-Invasive Data Governance. See https://www.heug.org/p/bl/et/blogid=2508&blogaid=3870 for the Governance success stories.

Robert S Seiner

(in response to Michelle Knight)

Thanks for the post. I am well aware of Carmen's efforts. She and I stay in touch.

Robert S. Seiner