Data Strategy EcoSystem

Ian Nicol

Data Strategy EcoSystem
Is there a industry standard data ecosystem?

William McKnight

RE: Data Strategy EcoSystem
(in response to Ian Nicol)

No. It comes down to you and your needs, where you are starting from, the competitive environment and your abilities to go forward. You may or may not need master data management. You may or may not have big data. Same for graph databases, in-memory databases, etc.  You may be able to accept a recommendation for cloud storage, a CDO or data science, etc., or it might take months to quarters to just get to acceptance in the culture. There are guidelines for what different levels of maturity should look like, although this should never be thought of as completely prescriptive. Everyone should move up their level, but it almost always has to be done in conjunction with business initiatives.

Aaron Fuller

Definitely no industry standard, just more and less popular/successful options. If there's one vendor that seems to be making the biggest splash right now, I'd say it's Microsoft. I'm not a Microsoft partner or anything, I just see them winning out more than others nowadays as far as organizations centralizing their data capabilities on a single stack. Hope that's helpful.

Aaron Fuller, CBIP

Founder & Principal Consultant

Superior Data Strategies 

517-803-0714

superiordatastrategies.com

<a href="https://www.superiordatastra

Jose Mari Taleno

What do you mean by Data Strategy EcoSystem?