January 17 RWDG Webinar

Shannon Kempe

January 17 RWDG Webinar
So many great conversations in the webinar today on tools and Data Stewards... how many Data Stewards do you have?

Robert S Seiner

RE: January 17 RWDG Webinar
(in response to Shannon Kempe)

Hi everybody. So great to see so many people interested in the subject I spoke about today. I will be checking back to this forum often and look forward to continuing the conversation. Yes, I said that "everybody is a data steward" and people should "get over" the idea that this is the only way to cover the entire organization. Do you have another way to do that? Please let me know and we will chat about it here.

Robert S. Seiner

KIK Consulting & Educational Services

The Data Administration Newsletter (TDAN.com)

[login to unmask email]  @RSeiner  @TDAN_com

Robert S Seiner

The number of data stewards should equal the number of people that define data + the number of people that produce data + the number of people that use data (subtracting the duplicates of people that have more than one of these relationships). That's my answer. What is yours?

Robert S. Seiner

KIK Consulting & Educational Services

The Data Administration Newsletter (TDAN.com)

[login to unmask email]  @RSeiner  @TDAN_com

Edited By:
Robert S Seiner[All DATAVERSITY Members] @ Jan 17, 2019 - 03:50 PM (America/Eastern)

Diana Stout, MBA

Hi everyone! 

At my company I've defined it a little differently. I have decision makers (managers/directors) on my DG Council. Then my Data Stewards are my SME's, data workers, heavy data consumers, etc. Then I have "Data Stakeholders" which includes everyone in the company (because we are essentially a SAAS company, we all touch data constantly). So, on my DG Council there are about 15 people. My data stewards are about 35. Data Stakeholders (all employees) number around 1100. 

Just my 2 cents :)